Vuka was founded in 2012 to foster connection and drive impact. Our two Central Austin locations provide inspired spaces for gathering and growth through events, programs, and workspaces.
The Sales Representative is responsible for managing, growing, and continuously refining the sales pipelines and processes. Additionally, the Sales Representative will collaborate on product refinement for coworking and events with our Director of Operations and Founder while achieving the financial and community impact goals of the company. Qualified candidates will be experienced in closing inbound sales and driven to develop outbound leads. This role has a generous variable comp structure with significant earning potential!
411 W Monroe St., Austin, TX 78704 AND 5540 N Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78756 as necessitated by duties and responsibilities.
Full-time, non-exempt position. $100K+ OTE commission. Base pay of $40K. No cap. W-2 Employee. Benefits include health and dental, PTO, and personal development opportunities.
- Manage leads for coworking and events, including scheduling and delivering tours of facilities and closing leads to drive revenue.
- Generate leads and establish referral relationships through lists and networking.
- Present sales, revenue, and expense reports forecasts to the management team.
- Commit to hospitality and integrity through the entire customer journey with clients and prospective clients.
- Work alongside leadership and the marketing team to build and maintain marketing plan(s) that drive new and recurring sales for the business.
- Establish consistent processes across all sales verticals that can be replicated and can be measured for success.
- Ensure all clients make payment in a timely fashion and collect payments when due.
- Prepare, explain, send, and follow up on contracts sent to clients.
- Inform the annual budget, as assigned, in accordance with established performance standards and yearly trends.
- Work closely with other divisions and areas of the company to ensure the highest levels of client and member satisfaction.
- Build, maintain, and react to competitor observation mechanisms while also being aware and reactive to market shifts and new industry products.
- Act as an ambassador for Vuka at all times with an understanding that you are a representative of all facets of Vuka.
- Develop expertise in events, coworking, and office space trends to proactively address needs for prospective clients .
- Grow your professional skills through continued reading and professional development.
Minimum five year inbound and outbound sales experience, consistently meeting or exceeding targets. Experience required in one or more of the following industries: events, commercial real estate, coworking, or hospitality. In addition, the ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent customer service skills with an outgoing and enthusiastic personality.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated sales process creation and management.
- Strong knowledge of local area and surrounding attractions.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Experience using Google Suite, familiarity with Hubspot and other CRMs.
- Ability to demonstrate a guest-driven service style with a sense of urgency in interactions, execution and recovery.
- Strong attention to detail, critical thinking, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment.
- Experience in business development is strongly preferred.
- Ability to type
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs safely
- Ability to withstand exposure to varying conditions of noise and sound
These requirements are included given the nature of the position and workplace. Please note that both of Vuka’s locations are ADA compliant, and Vuka will do their best to make accommodations for the qualified applicant with mobility limitations or other disabilities. We encourage everyone of differing abilities to apply, but while doing so, please let us know what accommodations are required in your working environment.
Vuka provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, or sexual orientation. We encourage applicants from historically marginalized communities to apply.
The responsibilities and duties listed above are intended to communicate general priorities for this position, but should not be understood as an exhaustive list of all job requirements to be completed through the duration of employment with Vuka.